Stuck splash screen

Report bugs here
rick.curl
Expert

Stuck splash screen

#1 Post by rick.curl » 30 Jun 2020, 01:31

Some of the time when I have a schematic open and I click on "Convert to PCB", the splash screen for PCB layout gets stuck on my screen and PCB layout never finishes loading. I can force it closed and try it again, and it always works properly on the second or third try. I'm on 4.0.0.2, but this also happened on version 3.

Since no one else is reporting this I presume it must be something to do with my hardware. I'm running Windows 8.1 and I have an Intel HD graphics 4000 adapter. My CPU is an Intel Core i5-3427U.

This is not a serious problem since I can try again and get it to work. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

-Rick

KevinA

Re: Stuck splash screen

#2 Post by KevinA » 30 Jun 2020, 02:13

I needed a Linux based desktop for a Nvidia Nano project, found a Dell Inspiron 3647 with 1TB/8GB i5-4460S Intel Graphics on Ebay ($100 free shipping), Added a Nvidia Quadro P620 then dual booted to Windows 10 Pro. It works fine with all my CAD programs, Nvidia Quadro drivers are kept updated (OpenGL 4.5, DirectX 12) by Nvidia and the P620 does 4K. It runs Diptrace 4.x fine, used it for beta testing. I just removed the beta and installed 4.0.0.2, when I convert to PCB it is instant. I've had issues with Intel's graphics in the past, I now just add a Nvidia card, on my latest desktop build I used a processor without the Intel graphics engine.

rick.curl
Expert

Re: Stuck splash screen

#3 Post by rick.curl » 01 Jul 2020, 01:05

I think you're right. My system at home has an Nvidia card and it's working fine. Probably just a hardware/driver incompatibility.
I'm serving out my notice to leave my company, so it will be someone else's worry after a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the computer is an Intel NUC, so the graphics adapter can't be changed.

-Rick