DRC Report not appearing

Report bugs here
Jambie

DRC Report not appearing

#1 Post by Jambie » 10 Mar 2021, 05:54

I am using DipTrace v4.1.1.0 and my current project has fallen into a state where the DRC error list display does not show after running Check Design Rules (or F9). The DRC check does run because I can see the red circles pointing out where issues were found but no dialog appears to list the errors. This appears to be a project setting because if I load an old project the DRC error list appears normally. Also if I load one of the example projects that came with version 4.1.1.0 the DRC error list box appears and will at least report there were no errors found.

I've looked high and low in the different layout settings and optional selections and cannot find one to cause or repair this behavior. Since the problem appears to be a bug in the .dip file is there a way for me to transfer my project content to a new project that isn't contaminated with this bug (something short of starting over of course)?

I've seen other posts reporting the same issue and tried the remedies there (reload the default reg file, try alt-tab) but these do not fix the problem.

If the DRC error list can be found in a text file or some other source I can look up I can at least get by with it for this project and be watchful for it in the future. So if there is another way to see the error list I would pursure that.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: DRC Report not appearing

#2 Post by Alex » 11 Mar 2021, 21:27

Please open "Verification -> Design Rules" and make sure the option "Show a list of errors or "No Errors" message" is enabled. If it is but you still don't see DRC list the window might appear outside of design area. In that case, please let me know if you use multi-monitor configuration.

Newtham

#3 Post by Newtham » 07 Sep 2021, 10:54

I am having this exact problem with a file, as well. I have tried checking and un-checking "Show list of Errors" in the Design Rules window. I am using the latest version of DipTrace (4.1.3.1). And yes, I have multiple monitors, but I minimized and moved things around, and still can't find it. The List appears as normal in other DT PCB Layout files.

Were you ever able to resolve this? Thank you!

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 08 Sep 2021, 00:51

DRC may be crashed and doesn't complete verification. Therefore DRC window doesn't appear. Please send the board file for verification to DipTrace support or upload on the forum.

Newtham

#5 Post by Newtham » 08 Sep 2021, 07:36

Ok, thanks. I just went back in time a few hours on my backup and worked from there. The problem didn't come up again, though I lost a few hours of work. I was never able to resolve it in the original file, though. It's a very large, and proprietary, file, so I probably can't share it, but I will say that I was working with differential traces when it started to happen. My desired diff. trace spacing was wider than the inner pad dimensions of an IC, and it was giving DT fits. I could override it by not following the rules, but it was still giving me DRC errors. Then it just quit showing the list, although it continued circling the errors. Hopefully that helps... Thank you!