Place new Dimension: units always inches

Report bugs here
KonektedLab

Place new Dimension: units always inches

#1 Post by KonektedLab » 11 Jul 2021, 04:00

Diptrace 4.1.3.1

When placing new Dimension, units are always inches instead of View/Units setting.

Tomg
Expert

Re: Place new Dimension: units always inches

#2 Post by Tomg » 11 Jul 2021, 04:55

DipTrace allows you to set the default dimension units to be different from the "Common" setting if needed.
After enabling the Dimension tool use the Properties panel on the right side of the screen to make your
selection and DipTrace will remember it...
d1.png
d1.png (11.07 KiB) Viewed 337 times
Tom

KonektedLab

#3 Post by KonektedLab » 11 Jul 2021, 08:17

Thank you Tom, it works like you describe. It stores permanently in "any" disk file because the app remembers the setting.

I expect a "global settings" command and a windows to set the default value/behavior of different parameters in one place as many software do, and practically all CAD software have.

From this window, global parameters could be exported and imported, very useful to move to other computer or share among other team members and to get a whole idea of the app customization by the user.

Diptrace has a workflow very "implicit", and very productive if you know how to do this or that and not always well documented.

Before publish the post I try to search this behavior in the forum and find the same question but with no answer and I figure this was a bug.

Admin, please move the post to PCB Layout to help others like me, and sorry for the inconvenience.

KevinA

#4 Post by KevinA » 11 Jul 2021, 14:01

Tomg wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 04:55 DipTrace allows you to set the default dimension units to be different from the "Common" setting if needed.
After enabling the Dimension tool use the Properties panel on the right side of the screen to make your
selection and DipTrace will remember it...
d1.png
Another Tomg gold, didn't know you could do this:
units.jpg
units.jpg (35.61 KiB) Viewed 328 times