Wine: 4.2 and 4.3 Beta

Report bugs here
dostr63

Wine: 4.2 and 4.3 Beta

#1 Post by dostr63 » 09 May 2022, 02:26

Hi, these are possibly 2 unrelated issues - both in Wine/Ubuntu.
On DipTrace 4.2, I'm having difficulty with setting up non-default paths to the DipTrace Patterns and Components libraries.
On DipTrace 4.3 Beta - Pattern Editor hangs on start-up.

For convenience (to also give me access to the same DipTrace projects from a Windows 10 laptop) - I'm keeping all my user libraries (and projects) in DropBox, i.e. the *working copies* - not just backups.
This set-up works perfectly on Windows 10 laptop.
On Ubuntu - there are issues.
(On Ubuntu, my DropBox path to user libraries and projects is ~/Documents/Dropbox/DipTrace - but I think it's the non-standard path, rather than DropBox, which is the issue)

On Ubuntu - I'm getting different behaviours between DipTrace 4.2, and DipTrace 4.3 Beta.

1. On DipTrace 4.2 I can't seem to set the library folder as I want it - to ~/Documents/Dropbox/DipTrace - the moment I hit OK on that path in Library SetUp (in Component Editor or Pattern Editor) - DipTrace reverts to the default path.

2. On DipTrace 4.3 Beta - everything works as it should (including setting up the non-default paths) - apart from Pattern Editor.
DipTrace hangs indefinitely at start-up - apparently unable to open one my user library files (after terminating Pattern Editor, a temporary copy of one library file is left behind).

I've "solved" this problem by deleting ~/.wine/drive_c/ProgramData/DipTrace, and making a copy of ~/.wine/drive_c/ProgramData/DipTrace Beta to replace it.
(dodgy - I know - because I have no knowledge of what internal format changes may have occurred!)

Setup: ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2nd), Ubuntu 20.04, Wine, DipTrace user-libraries kept in Dropbox in ~/Documents/Dropbox/DipTrace

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Wine: 4.2 and 4.3 Beta

#2 Post by Alex » 09 May 2022, 21:31

Please use stable version of Wine (not development build) and install 32-bit version of DipTrace. It may solve the issues. If not, please let me know your verson of Wine and we will test DipTrace on that version.