3D Step file export file not found after export

Report bugs here
gmgiadinh176

3D Step file export file not found after export

#1 Post by gmgiadinh176 » 04 Oct 2022, 14:55

I'm using DipTrace 4 for Mac and I am not having issues with exporting the 3D step files.

The 3D render of the PCB and the components is generated in DipTrace as normal and appears to export it as normal, until I go to find the file in the designated folder.
I can not find any of the files that I have saved out when looking through the normal mac File Finder windows, but if I go into DipTrace again to re-export the file then the previously exported files are listed there.

Any reason why I can not see these files in my normal File Finder windows or have I simply messed up some of the directories somehow?

Whilst this is being looked at am I able to revert back to DipTrace 3 without having any compatibility issues from the files being opened in DipTrace 4?

Alex
Technical Support

Re: 3D Step file export file not found after export

#2 Post by Alex » 05 Oct 2022, 08:34

By default, version 4.3.0.2 saves files by the path: Finder > Documents > DipTrace.
Earlier versions 4.x save files to: Finder > Applications > DipTrace.app > Right-click + Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources > drive_c > users > Wineskin > My Documents
Please let me know what version do you use.