Where are title blocks stored?

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
Exality

Where are title blocks stored?

#1 Post by Exality » 04 Sep 2018, 13:08

On my old computer I created some custom title blocks (Files / Titles and Sheet Setup / Title Blocks). I want to port them to my new computer, but I can't find where DipTrace has stored them. Can anyone help?
Gerrit

dtu2
Expert

Re: Where are title blocks stored?

#2 Post by dtu2 » 04 Sep 2018, 15:56

You're looking for two files: stamps.dat and pagestand.dat

They're located in C:\ProgramData\DipTrace\Data_Unicode on a typical installation.

It's been asked many times here. Needs to be in a FAQ (I don't know if there is one or if this is in it.)
Jeff

Exality

#3 Post by Exality » 05 Sep 2018, 06:30

Thanks, dtu2, I found them and copied them, and my title blocks are back.

I confess I didn't search the forum for this; it was late and I wanted to dash off the question so the DipTrace support time zone could see it before my morning. I'm usually more diligent.
Gerrit

dtu2
Expert

#4 Post by dtu2 » 05 Sep 2018, 18:11

Well, that didn't translate very well did it... :oops:
Hope you understand I wasn't complaining about *having* to give that answer... not at all... just trying to help actually but I too can see where it might have looked like I was annoyed... sorry 'bout that... definitely not!

What I really meant was I guess I was lamenting the fact that sometimes I believe there needs to be a FAQ to help people find quick answers to, well, frequently asked questions like these rather than everyone having to search the forum for every answer. There have been some really useful responses from users here and I just feel that they deserve to be documented.

I think it would help all of us and I wish we had one... that's all. Maybe it would be too difficult to decide what to put in and what to leave out... maybe it would be to much to cover... and who maintains it... yeah, I don't know. There is a manual and a tutorial but there are always questions and answers that fill in the blanks.

Anyway, if there is actually a FAQ somewhere I guess I've simply missed it! Wouldn't surprise me... :roll:
Jeff

Tomg
Expert

#5 Post by Tomg » 05 Sep 2018, 22:25

You can find the DipTrace FAQ page here - https://diptrace.com/support/faq/
Tom

dtu2
Expert

#6 Post by dtu2 » 06 Sep 2018, 03:09

Well, duh... should have known. Wasn't looking there... only on the forum site.

The reason is that there is a link in the upper left corner of this screen titled 'FAQ' with a question mark in a circle (under the Diptrace banner). If you click that link you will land on the forum board index and not actually their support / FAQ page.

Well, anyway, maybe they will add this Q&A to the FAQ... oh, and fix that link to actually point to the real FAQ.

Thanks Tom!
Jeff

Exality

#7 Post by Exality » 06 Sep 2018, 05:55

@dtu2 -- thanks for that! No offense taken, and your answer was indeed helpful and solved my problem.
Gerrit