DipTrace 3.3 Release

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
dmaxben

Re: DipTrace 3.3 Release

#11 Post by dmaxben » 30 Oct 2018, 05:22

Great job with the new version! Lots of nice new features.

However there is one huge annoyance I have found and was hoping it was just an incorrect setting or something.

When you use undo/redo, it also changes/undos the zoom level. This is extremely frustrating if you are trying to see changes before/after at a different zoom level.

For example, I want to zoom in, delete a small trace...then zoom out, and toggle between undo/redo to see how it looks. But now in the new version 3.3, when I click undo/redo, it ALSO zooms way in...so I cant see the big picture.

Hopefully its something simple...

Ben

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#12 Post by novarm44 » 30 Oct 2018, 07:23

This was so comfortable to scroll with mouse in partbrowser and every part under scrollbar was seen - why you have this deleted ?

Please make it possible how it was .
In 2.3 library panel was changed and component table was replaced with lists, which do not have such functionality by default. I will think how to improve this without making accidental change/selection of the component.
However there is one huge annoyance I have found and was hoping it was just an incorrect setting or something.

When you use undo/redo, it also changes/undos the zoom level. This is extremely frustrating if you are trying to see changes before/after at a different zoom level.

For example, I want to zoom in, delete a small trace...then zoom out, and toggle between undo/redo to see how it looks. But now in the new version 3.3, when I click undo/redo, it ALSO zooms way in...so I cant see the big picture.
In 3.3 zoom level and screen position is stored and when you click Undo first it shows you screen after change, then what thing is actually made (state before change). In 3.2 and earlier zoom level and position was not stored and you did not see actual changes if they are not on your current screen. This is not configurable, however I have an idea how to change it to meet your needs: if the screen of undo/redo step is inside existing screen, it will not change zoom (i.e. you will be able to see all changes on big picture). Making configuration window is possible, but not for 3.3. Any thoughts?

Tomg
Expert

#13 Post by Tomg » 30 Oct 2018, 14:17

How about putting a switch in the View Menu? Maybe something like this...
urz.gif
urz.gif (74.94 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
Tom

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#14 Post by novarm44 » 30 Oct 2018, 22:15

The library Import from kicad works for the parts but not not for the footprints.
Programmer and tester reported: KiCAD library doesn't have footprints and pin to pad connections, so it is impossible to import them in frame of library import.
In KiCAD footprints should be attached in Schematic, we will check maybe there is a work around to import complete library from KiCAD.
Nice idea, will do in 3.3.0.2

ponysonata

#15 Post by ponysonata » 02 Nov 2018, 04:46

С нашей группы русского коммьюнити с телеграмма, пользователь Yuriy Vassilenko нашел такой баг:
В апдейте 3.3.0.1 очередной баг: менеджер соединений не позволяет указать вывод элемента для добавления в выбранную сеть.
In our telegram group (Russian DT community), a member Yuri Vasilyenko found the following bug:
In update 3.3.0.1, the next bug: the connection manager cannot specify an element to add to the selected network.
Stas, please check it :)

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#16 Post by novarm44 » 03 Nov 2018, 01:31

ponysonata wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 04:46 С нашей группы русского коммьюнити с телеграмма, пользователь Yuriy Vassilenko нашел такой баг:
В апдейте 3.3.0.1 очередной баг: менеджер соединений не позволяет указать вывод элемента для добавления в выбранную сеть.
In our telegram group (Russian DT community), a member Yuri Vasilyenko found the following bug:
In update 3.3.0.1, the next bug: the connection manager cannot specify an element to add to the selected network.
Stas, please check it :)
I have checked connection manager in both Schematic and PCB Layout - in both cases it works properly. The colour of drop-down lists is grey, maybe that is the reason why Yuri thought it is not available, if that is not the case let him provide us with example file.

ponysonata

#17 Post by ponysonata » 03 Nov 2018, 21:23

novarm44 wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 01:31 I have checked connection manager in both Schematic and PCB Layout - in both cases it works properly. The colour of drop-down lists is grey, maybe that is the reason why Yuri thought it is not available, if that is not the case let him provide us with example file.
yes - he was wrong. everything works great! I'm sorry to trouble you :oops:

dmaxben

#18 Post by dmaxben » 15 Nov 2018, 05:37

novarm44 wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 07:23 In 3.3 zoom level and screen position is stored and when you click Undo first it shows you screen after change, then what thing is actually made (state before change). In 3.2 and earlier zoom level and position was not stored and you did not see actual changes if they are not on your current screen. This is not configurable, however I have an idea how to change it to meet your needs: if the screen of undo/redo step is inside existing screen, it will not change zoom (i.e. you will be able to see all changes on big picture). Making configuration window is possible, but not for 3.3. Any thoughts?
I see what you mean, but it still is a bit frustrating, this new undo/redo method.

Hopefully it can be made a selectable option in the next release?

For now Im going to revert back to DipTrace 3.2, because the undo/redo zoom feature is a little too frustrating for me to get used to.

Where is the download link for Diptrace 3.2? I cant find it on the website...

Thanks
Ben

dmaxben

#19 Post by dmaxben » 15 Nov 2018, 05:46

novarm44 wrote: 30 Oct 2018, 22:15
The library Import from kicad works for the parts but not not for the footprints.
Programmer and tester reported: KiCAD library doesn't have footprints and pin to pad connections, so it is impossible to import them in frame of library import.
In KiCAD footprints should be attached in Schematic, we will check maybe there is a work around to import complete library from KiCAD.
Nice idea, will do in 3.3.0.2
That would be perfect! Hopefully the zoom undo/redo option can be made available in 3.3.0.2.

Ford Prefect

#20 Post by Ford Prefect » 16 Nov 2018, 02:19

DipTrace really seriously needs a Snap-to-Grid command which is completely seperate from the Grid command.

Now SOLVED in DipTrace release 3.3.1 :)

See also my post here...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12107
DipTraceSnaptoGrid.jpg
DipTraceSnaptoGrid.jpg (130.4 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
Last edited by Ford Prefect on 29 Nov 2018, 21:14, edited 2 times in total.