Updated DipTrace, lost Power rail Identifiers

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
jgmdesigns

Updated DipTrace, lost Power rail Identifiers

#1 Post by jgmdesigns » 27 Mar 2019, 03:38

Hey all,
I just updated DipTrace and when I opened a schematic all of my power rails were converted to netports and their identifiers (Vin, +5, etc) were removed. I also lost the connection from my power supply to the rest of the schematic. I cautiously opened the PCB file and its all there. I tried a Back Annotate, but that did nothing.

I read through some of the pages in the announcement, but did not see anything about this.

Any ideas on what I should do, other than fix the problem manually appreciated. It's not a lot to do, it would be a problem on a bigget project though.

JIm

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Updated DipTrace, lost Power rail Identifiers

#2 Post by Alex » 28 Mar 2019, 03:08

Could you send the schematic to DipTrace support or upload it on the forum.

jgmdesigns

#3 Post by jgmdesigns » 28 Mar 2019, 03:25

Sure! Here it is.

JIm
Attachments
DipTrace.zip
(87.64 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 29 Mar 2019, 03:21

Thank you for the files.
The schematic doesn't look like the software changed power rails to netports. It looks like human made job. Also I run "Verification -> Compare to Schematic" from PCB Layout and there are some differences between the board and the schematic. Maybe you did two versions (revisions) of the schematic but forgot which one corresponds to the board.

jgmdesigns

#5 Post by jgmdesigns » 29 Mar 2019, 03:49

Unfortunately no thats not possible. THis project is in a dedicated folder and I am the only one with access to the files. I would expect there to be differences as the connection from the power supply output to the board is missing on the schematic, but is on the PCB.

Question, WHy wouldn't the Back annotate have fixed at least the power supply connection?

JIm

Alex
Technical Support

#6 Post by Alex » 01 Apr 2019, 18:39

Back annotation can rename RefDes, nets, net classes but it doesn't create new or update existing components and nets.

jgmdesigns

#7 Post by jgmdesigns » 04 Apr 2019, 00:59

Thanks Alex,
This is very disappointing as I have a correct PCB, and an incorrect schematic. I opened another schematic from another established project and the file has changed in that as well. This time I have lost all my ref designators, and the names of all my ground types have been put in place. I do not know if the schematic matches the PCB, and I am getting a load of warnings about "Different component names". I have attached the output of the compare tool to this post.

I have also noticed that this new version of DipTrace places a border/title block around my schematics....that used to be a choice and the software 'remembers' this.

Me thinks I should go back to the last version of the program as this one is screwing with my files.

JIm
Attachments
warnings.txt
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Alex
Technical Support

#8 Post by Alex » 05 Apr 2019, 02:20

Could you send schematic and board files for the second project. We will compare them, it may help to find a reason of the problem.

jgmdesigns

#9 Post by jgmdesigns » 05 Apr 2019, 02:30

Alex,
Can you email/PM me where I can send the files as this is a client project and I cannot make the information public.

Thanks
JIm

Alex
Technical Support

#10 Post by Alex » 08 Apr 2019, 02:22

Please send the files to support at diptrace dot com.