v3.3.1.3 hotkeys on OS X

Report bugs here
freddy63

v3.3.1.3 hotkeys on OS X

#1 Post by freddy63 » 18 Apr 2019, 03:16

v3.3.1.3:
I had a lot of difficulties to install under OS X, even if we set all of in Security admin. But now that it is installed, all standard shortcuts on OS X are gone and instead are like on Windows. I think you forgot to set ctrl key as cmd key. I'll change all manually in the Hotkey Settings, but in the previous versions I didn't have to.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: v3.3.1.3 hotkeys on OS X

#2 Post by Alex » 19 Apr 2019, 02:19

We never changed hot keys for Mac version therefore they are the same as in Windows version. DipTrace is not native OS X application, it works under Wine. It (Wine) might (or might not) set Ctrl as Cmd key but our program never did it.

freddy63

#3 Post by freddy63 » 25 Apr 2019, 19:12

Well... Something changed obviously because no key is working like it did. Cannot change any reference/name, cannot delete character, cannot search etc etc.

Hotkey settings look indeed the same, but they do not do what they did. I simply have to open the earlier version of Diptrace to witness it.
Before this update, a hotkey "ctrl+anything" was activated by clicking "cmd+anything", now it does not work anymore (I take ctrl and cmd as an example, but they are a lot of other keys like backspace that simply do not work anymore. I click "cmd+F" like I used to do to search a component on my PCB and it opens the "ctrl+N" dialog! Totally different.
Copy/paste does not work anymore etc etc etc. Bummer.
If nothing changed in Diptrace, then something did in Wine in the package, I don't see any other explanation. As a MAC user I wanted to let you know. I doubt I'm the only one here having this issue.

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 26 Apr 2019, 01:16

Cmd key acts as Alt key on Windows keyboard. It allows to open main menu items in DipTrace programs.
Control key on Mac keyboard acts the same as Ctrl key on Windows.
Maybe there is a way to change Cmd key behavior somewhere in Wine settings or OS X settings but DipTrace works as mentioned above by default.

freddy63

#5 Post by freddy63 » 03 May 2019, 02:27

It's not only about ctrl key that I gave as exmple. Nothing works like it did since I updated. And it makes it difficult to work now.
You select a component, click "R" and it opens "Run autotrouter" instead of rotating the element etc etc. All is like this.

freddy63

#6 Post by freddy63 » 03 May 2019, 21:27

Impossible to use backspace to change any name or value as backspace doesn't work anymore either etc etc.
I didn't change anything on my computer. I only updated Diptrace. And there's a big issue for an OS X user.

Alex
Technical Support

#7 Post by Alex » 06 May 2019, 02:18

Please open "Tools -> Hotkey Settings" in all DipTrace programs and click on "Set Default Hotkey Configuration" button.
If you still can't use hotkeys please open /Users/macuserdip/DipTrace 3.3.1.3/drive_c/Program Files/DipTrace/Data_Unicode/ folder. If you modified default hotkeys there should be file(s) with ...hotkeys.dat name (for example, pcbhotkeys.dat). Delete the file(s) to reset hotkeys to default.

freddy63

#8 Post by freddy63 » 13 Aug 2019, 03:23

I never changed the default key settings, but did what you mentionned. Did not solve anything.

Changing PCB color and REDRAW in 3D view does not work anymore either. No matter what you choose, remains green.

I should never have updated to v3.3.1.3 because the workflow is really affected.

Going back to an older version isn't the solution either as it does not keep preferences. Always go back to setting like it was the first Diptrace was ever opened. Looses path to files, bg color, 3D view color also dead and so on.

Alex
Technical Support

#9 Post by Alex » 14 Aug 2019, 02:31

We have checked 3D preview in Mac version. We changed colors and redraw board, all works as expected. Please notice, you should change board color and mask color, otherwise copper pours and tracks remain green.
Do you use version 3.3.1.3? Please open Help -> About in any DipTrace program and check it. Is this the only DipTrace version installed on your Mac OS system?
I can suggest to completely reinstall DipTrace, you will lose settings but you will get fresh installation without incorrect settings.