DRC trace width bug

Report bugs here
Tomg
Expert

DRC trace width bug

#1 Post by Tomg » 26 Oct 2019, 10:49

In the following example a 2mm wide trace was manually routed for Net 1 and a second 2mm wide trace was semi-autorouted (right-clicked on pad and chose "Route Net") for Net 2. Running the DRC (Design Rule Check) shows a trace width error for Net 2 (the semi-autorouted trace), but not for Net 1 (the manually routed trace). As can be seen in the illustration, the DRC reports the Net 2 trace width of 2mm as an error even though it meets the previously-established 2mm trace width rule. Re-running the DRC yields the same outcome. After saving, closing and then reopening the PCB file the DRC error flag (red circle) remains. When the DRC is run once more on the re-opened file, the DRC error disappears.
DRC.gif
DRC.gif (137.66 KiB) Viewed 207 times
Tom

Alex
Technical Support

Re: DRC trace width bug

#2 Post by Alex » 28 Oct 2019, 20:06

Thank you for the report but I can't reproduce the bug. Maybe the problem is related to trace template 2/2. Please overwrite trace width in route setup and reroute affected trace, then run DRC.

Tomg
Expert

Re: DRC trace width bug

#3 Post by Tomg » 29 Oct 2019, 05:01

Hi Alex,
I deleted all of my Trace Templates to make sure the default trace width is being used. After re-entering the default trace width as "0.2" (mm) and running the autorouter, the problem still occurs. Clicking on the flagged trace will display its Trace Width under the [Properties] tab in the panel on the right side of the screen as "0.2". Re-entering a trace width of "0.2" under the same [Properties] tab causes the error to vanish, even though the displayed numbers were identical. I've included a test PCB file in the zip folder below for your examination. Please launch it and then run the autorouter to see if the problem shows up for you. (It does on my system.) Thanks in advance for your time and help.
DRC.zip
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Tom