NetPorts local to hierarchical block

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
Xeenych

NetPorts local to hierarchical block

#1 Post by Xeenych » 30 Oct 2019, 00:49

Greetings.
Users often make use of net ports for power, gnd and other signal pins o simplify schematic apperarance. However net ports are global for entire schematic and all hierarchical blocks.
I'm trying to draw a schematic of a 16 channel signal aquisition system. Each channel is galvanically isolates from each other and main part.
So I have 16+1 different power nets and 16+1 different GND nets.

I'm using hierarchical block to draw a single channel and then add 16 channel blocks to the main sheet. I use GND and VCC netports in hierarchical block.
Then I get all 16 channel grounds and power lines connected to each other. This is very very bad.

So I shouldn't use VCC and GND net ports inside my hierarchical blocks.
To overcome this, I should assign a special name to local power net and local gnd net and tick an option to "display net name".
This works, but this is very non-intuitive and schematic looks very-very bad.

I wnat to have VCC and GND parts local to my hierarchical block, or to have some dummy part without pattern to represent a local VCC or GND. And this part should not produce warnings in PCB Layout and should not appear in BOM.

Please add an option to make a netport part local to a hierarchical block.
1.jpg
1.jpg (108.94 KiB) Viewed 412 times

Tomg
Expert

Re: NetPorts local to hierarchical block

#2 Post by Tomg » 30 Oct 2019, 06:09

Have you tried right-clicking on a pin and selecting "Add to Net..." with the [x]Connect without Wire option enabled? This works for existing and new nets (click on the [+] button to create a new net)...
atn1.gif
atn1.gif (57.73 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Tom

Xeenych

#3 Post by Xeenych » 30 Oct 2019, 06:41

Yes, this is another awful way to solve the problem
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (242.26 KiB) Viewed 404 times

fastbike

#4 Post by fastbike » 09 Nov 2022, 12:10

Yes, just stumbling through this issue at the moment. It would be nice to be able to use a net symbol for an isolated GND in a block that is going to be repeated 4 times in a project, without DIPTrace trying to join all 4 instances together.
Within the Hierarchy block it is useful to have all components visually connected to the isolated GND and not the visual clutter that the diagram above shows (I can see 7 instances of the GNDA arrow in the screen grab, I'm sure there would be more in the full circuit.) Also, this is a really non intuitive way of connecting common points.

What is preventing making NetPorts local instead of always being global ?
Ardent hobbyist