Scanned Circuits

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
Somchai

Scanned Circuits

#1 Post by Somchai » 22 Nov 2019, 23:31

Hello,
I'm new to DipTrace and this forum and have very little knowledge about electronic designs.
Trying to create the first schematic and there coming already several questions up:
1.: I'm wonder if there is any way to scan in a printed circuit/schematic to DipTrace Schematic?
2.: how could I could find and place Cap's, Resistors etc. with it's correct value to a schematic?
3.: how do I find let say a capacitor 22uF 63V in the libraries, that also applies to many other parts like Resistor etc., etc.?

I truly have to admit that for a newcomer it's very difficult to startup, even after reading the documentation and looking at the Videos.

Thanks for any help.

mgriebling

Re: Scanned Circuits

#2 Post by mgriebling » 25 Nov 2019, 07:18

I'm not aware of any schematic capture program that can scan in circuits or PCBs. Certainly DipTrace can't do this.
You need to fill in the values of resistors and capacitors yourself. Some people build a library of parts to do this automatically.
AFAIK there are no prefilled values in the DipTrace libraries. You need to find a part with the correct PCB footprint and fill in the values.

d1wang

#3 Post by d1wang » 25 Nov 2019, 14:53

What I have learned is to really go through the trouble of building libraries for every component I use. That includes every resistor and capacitor.

The thing is, after you finish the schematics, finish the layout, and order blank PCBs, you have to order components and build the whole thing. I have had many troubles like ordering a 0201 when the PCB uses a 0603.

What I do now is, if I need to change a resistor from 10k to 100k, I actually change the component instead of editing the value.

Somchai

#4 Post by Somchai » 27 Nov 2019, 00:09

Thanks for that answers.

OK, I understand that! Therefore the best way would be to firstly start to build my own Libraries. What would be the best way to start such action? Use, as example, Excel or some like that? If someone could offer such Spreadsheet and/or Framework, it would be more easy to understand how I do get started with building such Libraries.

Thanks a lot for any further help.