Follow Rules option ignores clearance setting

Report bugs here
Tomg
Expert

Follow Rules option ignores clearance setting

#1 Post by Tomg » 01 Aug 2020, 10:22

Maybe this has been discussed before or I might be forgetting to set something somewhere, but at the moment it's looking like the clearance rules are being neglected during manual routing with the [x]Follow Rules option enabled (it's letting me break the trace-to-trace clearance rule). I checked the route setup Trace Clearance setting, net classes Clearance setting, design rules trace-to-trace clearance setting and they are all at 0.6mm. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this the result of an incomplete DipTrace feature upgrade still in the development stage or an honest-to-goodness bug? Perhaps I've finally gone "cross-eyed" because I've been staring at the screen too long. Well, at least it enforced the trace width rule...
fr.png
fr.png (38.66 KiB) Viewed 239 times
Tom

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Follow Rules option ignores clearance setting

#2 Post by Alex » 03 Aug 2020, 02:16

Please open "Verification -> Design Rules" and make sure "Check Clearances" option is enabled. Then open "Route -> Net Classes" and check clearance of each net class. Follow router uses this clearance rule from net classes.

Tomg
Expert

#3 Post by Tomg » 03 Aug 2020, 03:37

Unless I'm missing something, it is already set up that way. I have also noticed that trace-to-trace clearance violations are not being flagged by the Real-time DRC until the spacing approaches 0.2mm...
cc.png
cc.png (46.79 KiB) Viewed 230 times
Here's a test file...
follow rules.dip
(27.82 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Tom

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 05 Aug 2020, 02:26

Thank you for the file.The "Follow Rules" mode complies design rules. Measured distance between traces is a bit more than clearance in design rules because traces are created by grid.

Tomg
Expert

#5 Post by Tomg » 06 Aug 2020, 00:40

For some unknown reason the example file ignores the rules on my machine. I've checked all settings and they all look valid. For now I'll have to assume the file has been corrupted by something that I did.
Tom