3D Preview - 3D Visualization very choppy mode, like hung up

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
Littlegiant

3D Preview - 3D Visualization very choppy mode, like hung up

#1 Post by Littlegiant » 09 May 2017, 11:23

I read this same post almost a year ago where people where having the same issue I am having. Running a Direct 3D graphics mode the 3D preview is painfully choppy and takes a long time to load. Changing to Open GL and 3D Preview works smoothly as expected. I am running a Windows 10 Pro 64bit on a Lenovo P50, Intel Xeon CPU, E3-1505M v5 and 2.8GHz, 32GB RAM, Samsung 850EVO 1TB drive (600GB free) with an Intel HD Graphics P530 and NVidia Quadro M2000M graphics chips,, each with 1GB RAM. All the latest drivers from Lenovo, NVIDIA & INTEL and latest Windows updates.

So what gives with the choppy mode? I have not really tried 3D before now and kept thinking something was wrong in my system, but with basic processes running I get the same reaction. I highly doubt my machine is not capable of Direct 3D mode working well, so what is it? What is wrong? Help please?

Running FreeCAD using the export from Diptrace works just fine.

Thanks all!!!!!

Alex
Technical Support

Re: 3D Preview - 3D Visualization very choppy mode, like hun

#2 Post by Alex » 11 May 2017, 01:48

I think Direct 3D mode does not pass initialization when you start 3D preview and down to Windows GDI mode that works much slower. I suggest to use Open GL mode on your machine. We will investigate Direct 3D initialization before releasing the next version.

Littlegiant

Re: 3D Preview - 3D Visualization very choppy mode, like hun

#3 Post by Littlegiant » 11 May 2017, 02:27

You are correct, 3D preview in Direct 3D does not pass initialization the first time through, and when I select the preview again it does go through but very choppy. Windows GDI is not much better. When are you expecting to release the next version? One other question if I might, do you plan to introduce the trace push feature in the next rev? Meaning if you manually reroute a trace or move a component the software will automatically relocate the traces instead of the manual routing currently employed>

Thanks for some awesome software! I have used Orcad, Eagle, Mentor PADs and Altium, and I do like Diptrace the best. Thank you