I've been using JLCPCB for sometime now, usually for rapid prototype PCBs
I've made 13 orders with them. Most being 4-layer boards. Of those, 12 have been just fine, but my latest experience has pretty much meant I'm not going to use them again.
This particular order wasn't special, just a revision to a board I've had made by them several times in the past.
- Oct 3: Order submitted
- Oct 4: "Please specify inner layers" -- They've never asked this before. I answered.
- Oct 6: "Did you get our previous email? Please specify inner layers." I answered again.
- Oct 9: "Did you get our previous email? Please specify inner layers." I answered a third time. Sent the whole email chain to the customer service complaint email address.
- Oct 9: "Sorry for the inconvenience."
- Oct 10: Production finally begins
- Oct 13: "Your boards have some discoloration in the solder mask. Is this okay?" Not really, but I need working boards more than I need pretty boards. "Yes, please proceed"
- Oct 15: "Your boards have some discoloration in the solder mask. Is this okay?" Again. Before I can respond, I see they've seen my response to the Oct 13 question. Got a reply saying they're moving forward.
- Oct 15: Boards are still in "packaging and delivery," despite being completed Oct 12.
I plan to continue to complete orders at PCBGOGO and consider long-term purchases. Usually, they have many promotions and also offers to make a stencil.