How to draw thin lines in Title Block Editor and in Bill of Material?

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
vamap

How to draw thin lines in Title Block Editor and in Bill of Material?

#1 Post by vamap » 26 Apr 2019, 13:00

How to draw thin lines in Title Block Editor and in Bill of Material? I can change only general settings lines of table or title in Line Width window. But this is not enough to comply with the GOST.
diptrace.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tomg
Expert

Re: How to draw thin lines in Title Block Editor and in Bill of Material?

#2 Post by Tomg » 26 Apr 2019, 18:36

The Title Block Editor in DipTrace cannot assign individual line widths. A possible workaround would require you to disable (uncheck) the [ ]Display Titles option (File > Titles and Sheet Setup...) and manually create your own faux title block using DipTrace's drawing and text tools. However, the faux title block won't have access to the two global variables available in the Title Block Editor and it would need to be manually copied to all schematic sheets while also making sure to change page numbers as needed. If this method seems viable, you could create several templates of differing sheet sizes in the form of blank schematics to be made available for starting new designs.

The Bill Of Materials tool does not allow individual line widths to be changed, either. Exporting to a "*.csv" file would make it possible to open the BOM in an external spreadsheet program where you would be able to change line widths as required. Depending on the standards you are following, you might need to include the original "*.csv" file with your finalized document set.
Tom

vamap

Re: How to draw thin lines in Title Block Editor and in Bill of Material?

#3 Post by vamap » 30 Apr 2019, 09:45

The same goes for Ttiel Blocks tempalate. It's basic feature. I can't understand why you spent time for create Titles Editor feature, but didn't create basic elementary stuff.
So right now I need spent big time for crooked export electrical scheme into some other CAD. Very strange.