Duplicate some segment of trace -> Top Mask Layer

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
mrtaotao789

Duplicate some segment of trace -> Top Mask Layer

#1 Post by mrtaotao789 » 05 May 2019, 12:56

some segment/trace need more extra solder for low impedance/high current
i think if diptrace can duplicate segment of Trace to Solder Mask Layer.. i think cool..!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DerekG

Re: Duplicate some segment of trace -> Top Mask Layer

#2 Post by DerekG » 05 May 2019, 18:25

mrtaotao789 wrote:
05 May 2019, 12:56
i think if diptrace can duplicate segment of Trace to Solder Mask Layer.
Yes, I have asked for this before.

We should at least be able to copy the signal tracks (bottom layer in this case) & paste them to the Solder Mask layer so that the solder mask is opened up to ensure extra solder is laid on the track to help with extra current during the wave soldering process.

Please, please Alex incorporate this in a new release as I spend a lot of time using the polygon fill to manually accomplish this.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

Tomg
Expert

#3 Post by Tomg » 07 May 2019, 12:20

+1
There should be a selection button available to unmask a segment/trace/net in order to make the process quick and painless. In the meantime, take a look at this video tutorial that I recently stumbled over which shows one possible workaround - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4gLu3Y0StI
Tom

DerekG

#4 Post by DerekG » 07 May 2019, 18:41

Tomg wrote:
07 May 2019, 12:20
take a look at this video tutorial that I recently stumbled over which shows one possible workaround - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4gLu3Y0StI
Excellent Tom. Great find. This will save me considerable time in the future.

There were 3 videos all put up on youtube by DipTrace over the past month.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsShjG ... Q/featured

Tomg
Expert

#5 Post by Tomg » 07 May 2019, 20:01

"...There were 3 videos all put up on youtube by DipTrace over the past month..."

Thanks, Derek. That's good to see. I hope they keep adding more.
Tom

DerekG

#6 Post by DerekG » 07 May 2019, 20:15

Me too.

In my opinion, DipTrace is far superior to Circuit Maker, Circuit Studio, EAGLE, Design Spark etc. Novarm just need to get the word out.

I try & do my bit for Novarm, both in this forum & the EEVBlog forum which is run by David Jones (a previous software programmer for Altium when they were based in Australia).

I'm sure a lot of users buy Altium for $10K ............. and then never use the complex features of that software. DipTrace would have been a far superior choice for getting them up to speed quickly as it has one of the best GUI interfaces that is very intuitive.

I own an expensive Altium license myself, but I reach for DipTrace everytime these days for new designs.

Alex & Serg, please keep up your excellent work :)

Push & shove is what I would like to see in the next edition :)