Frequent crashes in "pcb layout"

Report bugs here
losiledlighting

Frequent crashes in "pcb layout"

#1 Post by losiledlighting » 13 Jun 2019, 23:53

Hi.

I'm experiencing some crashes in PCB Layout. So far I have not been able to find the actual cause of the crash, it seems to be somewhat random.

Right now it happened, when I wanted to replace the pattern of a component, and pressed the "add" button to open a library.
Last time it happened when I tried to export the drill layer to DXF.
I've seen it a few other times, but I don't remember those right now.

In any case, I can live with these crashes, as I've not yet lost anything from them. However, one thing that consistently happens is that after the first crash, when I then try to launch "PCB Layout" again, it shows the splash screen and then crashes again. To be able to restart the program without it crashing immediately on splash, I have to reboot Windows (7).

Is there something I can do to avoid this reboot? What can I provide you with so you can find the problem?

I'm a fairly experienced software developer (though mostly I develop on Linux), so it's ok if you get technical. I've not yet tried anything. Figured I'd ask here first.

Serg
Technical Support

Re: Frequent crashes in "pcb layout"

#2 Post by Serg » 14 Jun 2019, 08:59

1) Try to zero all program settings to default. To do it run "Default.reg" file that is in program folder ..Program Files\DipTrace
Notice, you will lost all your user settings after zeroing.
2) Clear the Temp folder - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\DipTrace\
3) Check RAM your PC (using MemTest86 or another soft), because the crashes happen while memory allocation process.
Please write a result.