route multiple traces to single point, maintaining same trace length

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
lorley

route multiple traces to single point, maintaining same trace length

#1 Post by lorley » 10 Aug 2019, 06:32

Hi,
Im trying to build very basic PCB in Diptrace, without much knowledge of the software I have gotten by with the basic tools and finished most of the basic design. There is one final thing that would be too tedious do with basic tools means so Im hoping there may be more a efficient way to do this.
Untitled.png
There are 8 outputs that I want to connect at one point but I need the traces to all be the same specific length, this would mean the outputs closer to main junction would need to ''snake'' to increase their length.
Is there any automated way to this do something like this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: route multiple traces to single point, maintaining same trace length

#2 Post by Alex » 12 Aug 2019, 07:53

You can open "Route -> Length Matching", create length matching rule and add pad pairs. Then route traces manually. Obviously all traces will have different lengths. Length Matching window will measure trace lengths and show rule violations using red color. To fix errors you can use "High Speed -> Add Meander" tool. Add meander(s) and control result on length matching window.