Pads connected in pattern are no longer recognised as such

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
jeremyh

Pads connected in pattern are no longer recognised as such

#1 Post by jeremyh » 05 Nov 2019, 22:05

Hi,

I have a component (SD card socket) which has the mechanical mounting pads connected as they are all part of the same metal shell. I set this in the component editor by drawing the red lines between the connected pads when attaching the pattern to the component, and indeed, if you mouseover one of the pads then all four connected pads are correctly highlighted in red.

However, once I transfer this to a PCB, there are ratlines between the pads, and the net connectivity check fails saying that the pads are not connected even though one of them is. I'm pretty sure I have used this feature in the past, has it been broken recently? I'm using 3.3.1.3.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Pads connected in pattern are no longer recognised as such

#2 Post by Alex » 06 Nov 2019, 07:41

The feature allows to link single pin to multiple pads. But it doesn't eliminate the need to route multiple pads in PCB Layout. In other words, it allows to create more compact and clear schematic but you still need to route all pads in PCB.