PCBWAY Gerber Viewer Sees holes clumped up

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
finalman

PCBWAY Gerber Viewer Sees holes clumped up

#1 Post by finalman » 25 Nov 2019, 22:37

Newbie user here with my first simple PCB design.

My design is of an internal to external sata adaptor board with 3 header pins for extra signal lines.

Capturei.PNG

Being my first PCB design I could't find the correct sata connector pattern in diptrace or a detailed datasheet with all of the pin spacings so I've had to build the solder pad pattern manually using a set of calipers and creating individual through hole pads. This has taken me many many hours to finish only to be presented with the following problem...

I want to send it off to PCBWay for manufacturing. Only thing is that in their Gerber viewer my drill holes are showing as being below and to the left of PCB substrate all clumped together.

Capture.PNG

I assume this shouldn't be like that so I didn't continue with the order. The holes are preset and correctly located on the DipTrace 3D output and preview windows.

Captureii.PNG

Anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

finalman

Re: PCBWAY Gerber Viewer Sees holes clumped up

#2 Post by finalman » 27 Nov 2019, 06:24

UPDATE: Found the problem I was exporting in metric since I designed in metric. Changing the exports to inches fixed it.