Please fix import for parts.

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
KevinA

Please fix import for parts.

#1 Post by KevinA » 09 Jan 2020, 22:47

Mouser is using SamacSys for part cad files, they generate DipTrace ASC files and three different 3D images BUT:
I had to import into Component Editor, I could see the pattern was attached but no means to access it. I had to place the COMPONENT in PCB editor then Save the pattern and now it gets funky, I don't understand WHY I can't just add the pattern to an existing library, I have to name the pattern, and save it to a new library then find it and move it to my working library.
Try it mouser.com STM32G432KB

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Please fix import for parts.

#2 Post by Alex » 10 Jan 2020, 10:28

You can't add pattern to component library. But you can extract pattern from component in Pattern Editor (Pattern -> Insert from Another Library -> select component library and component).

KevinA

Re: Please fix import for parts.

#3 Post by KevinA » 11 Jan 2020, 12:02

Alex wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 10:28
You can't add pattern to component library. But you can extract pattern from component in Pattern Editor (Pattern -> Insert from Another Library -> select component library and component).
That was entirely too easy. In Pattern Help if I would have searched on component the results shows Insert from Library! RTM reminder, it's a sticky on the monitor now
Update: Looking into the latest ST-LINK products I found STLINK-V3MOD which is a caslellated board meant to be an embedded into your project, ST used Ultra Librarian for the CAD files and included a 3D image for the product, import worked great!
STMOD-bottom.jpg
STMOD.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.