IC group in Components Library.

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
PCB

IC group in Components Library.

#1 Post by PCB » 14 Apr 2020, 11:20

Existence of IC group in addition to other groups, like Antennas, Batteries, Buzzers, Transistors, etc., would make much easier to find specific IC for Schematic. It might not be important or needed to know the Manufacturer's name. Like I have mentioned in my previous post, I was forced to go through all Manufactures to find 555 Timer.
Would the DipTrace consider to add the IC group to Components like it's done in KiCad?

KevinA

Re: IC group in Components Library.

#2 Post by KevinA » 16 Apr 2020, 17:59

I just did a search on ALL COMPONENTS for 555 and got several pages of pages with 555 in the name, I narrowed that down with LM555 to 12 parts then told DT to open a selected LM555 shows me that National Semiconductor has a line of 555 devices prefixed with LM.
All the above took under a minute.

If you like the way KiCAD groups their parts: Copy the DT libraries to another area on you computer, flag all the files as W/R then create a new library group and add all the files to that group and start moving components in the order you like, shouldn't take longer then a week or two.

I usually visit Mouser or Digikey, search for the part, find the best part for my design that is in stock then search for the part in All Components before I import it from the distributor or manufacture or build it.