Link net colors between Schematic and PCB

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
Post Reply
Message
Author
andre.araujo
Posts: 18
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 00:08

Link net colors between Schematic and PCB

#1 Post by andre.araujo » 26 Sep 2011, 08:25

This is great when routing complex boards. Generally I color GND and VCC nets, as well as critical nets in Schematic. Then, when I go to PCB layout, I have to color them all over again.
It'd be great if DipTrace did it for us automatically ;).

Thanks,

Andre

TZBlox
Posts: 5
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 04:00

Re: Link net colors between Schematic and PCB

#2 Post by TZBlox » 21 Sep 2012, 05:07

This would be great as it is something that you actually expect.
It would make the integration even better. And of course also back annotate it. :)

diptraceuser23
Posts: 1
Joined: 05 Jan 2023, 13:55

Re: Link net colors between Schematic and PCB

#3 Post by diptraceuser23 » 05 Jan 2023, 14:02

+1

New diptrace user here. Easy way to color sch nets and pcb nets would be way better if there was a way to copy mapping sch >> pcb or sch << pcb.

Or if there was a way to select multiple nets and assign single color quickly.

Brayden
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Jul 2021, 22:54

Re: Link net colors between Schematic and PCB

#4 Post by Brayden » 07 Jun 2023, 21:53

diptraceuser23 wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 14:02 +1

New diptrace user here. Easy way to color sch nets and pcb nets would be way better if there was a way to copy mapping sch >> pcb or sch << pcb.

Or if there was a way to select multiple nets and assign single color quickly.
Your method is very good, I'll go back and try it out.

Hudson45
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Jul 2023, 02:38
Contact:

Re: Link net colors between Schematic and PCB

#5 Post by Hudson45 » 01 Aug 2023, 22:04

TZBlox wrote: 21 Sep 2012, 05:07 This would be great as it is something that you actually expect.
It would make the integration even better. And of course also back annotate it. :)
youtube vanced
Completely agree! These anticipated features would greatly enhance DipTrace's usability, facilitating seamless integration and efficient back annotation for an improved design workflow.

Ruberr
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Aug 2023, 00:12

Re: Link net colors between Schematic and PCB

#6 Post by Ruberr » 18 Sep 2023, 23:35

Hudson45 wrote: 01 Aug 2023, 22:04
TZBlox wrote: 21 Sep 2012, 05:07 This would be great as it is something that you actually expect.
It would make the integration even better. And of course also back annotate it. :)
youtube vanced
Completely agree! These anticipated features would greatly enhance DipTrace's usability, facilitating seamless integration and efficient back annotation for an improved design workflow.
Hi,Free Fire Name
However, if you'd like to write a general comment under 80 words, you can say something like: I'm excited about the anticipated features in DipTrace! They sound like they'll make the design process even smoother and more efficient. Can't wait to see how these enhancements improve usability.

Alex
Technical Support
Posts: 3884
Joined: 13 Jun 2010, 23:43

Re: Link net colors between Schematic and PCB

#7 Post by Alex » 20 Sep 2023, 06:34

Thank you for the suggestions. We will consider syncing net colors when updating PCB from schematic and when back annotation.

samueljames321
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 Dec 2023, 01:16

Re: Link net colors between Schematic and PCB

#8 Post by samueljames321 » 30 Dec 2023, 01:18

In the context of electronics and PCB (Printed Circuit Board) design, "Link net colors between Schematic and PCB" typically refers to the process of associating or synchronizing the net colors (or signal connections) between the schematic and the PCB layout. This ensures that the connections made in the schematic are accurately reflected in the physical layout of the PCB.

Post Reply